Sleeping pills are a group of medicines used to treat insomnia and anxiety in older people. There are different types of sleeping pills, and each one has its own set of side effects. Sleeping pills’ most common side effects include drowsiness, dizziness, lightheadedness, and dry mouth. Sleep medicine Rockville, MD, will help you decide which sleeping pill is right for you.
If you are taking a sleeping pill for the first time, it is important to start with a low dose and increase it gradually until you find the right dose for you. Sleeping pills should only be used short-term, and you should talk to your doctor if you have any concerns about taking them.
When taking sleeping pills, it is important to follow the instructions on the package and never take more than directed. The instructions on most sleeping pill packages will tell you to take medicine only when you go to bed and not to take it if you wake up during the night.
There are ways that sleeping pills help with insomnia and anxiety in older people, including:
Increasing time spent in deep sleep
Sleeping pills can help you stay in a deep sleep for longer. This can improve the quality of your sleep and help you feel rested when you wake up. Deeper and longer sleep can also help reduce stress and anxiety.
Reducing the number of times, you wake up during the night
Sleeping pills can help reduce the number of times you wake up at night. This can help you get a better night’s sleep and reduce the fatigue you feel during the day.
By helping you fall asleep faster
Sleeping pills can help you fall asleep faster. This can help you get the rest you need and reduce the time you spend awake at night. The faster you sleep, the less time you have to worry about things that can keep you awake.
By reducing stress and anxiety
Sleeping pills can help reduce stress and anxiety. This can help you feel more relaxed and improve the quality of your sleep. Reducing stress and anxiety can also help you fall asleep faster and stay asleep for longer.
By improving your mood
Sleeping pills can help improve your mood. This can help you feel more positive and reduce stress and anxiety. Improved mood can also help you sleep better and make it easier to wake up in the morning.
By increasing energy levels
Sleeping pills can help increase energy levels. This can help you feel more alert and improve your mood. Increased energy levels are helpful when you need to be active and alert during the day.
By improving concentration
Improved concentration can help you be more productive during the day. Sleeping pills can help improve concentration by reducing the number of times you wake up at night. This can help you get a better night’s sleep and feel more rested when you wake up.
If you are struggling with insomnia or anxiety, talk to your doctor at Sleep Services of Maryland LLC about whether sleeping pills might be right for you. There are many different sleeping pills available, and the right one for you will depend on your individual needs.
Saad Mushtaq was born and raised in the busy city of Abbottabad. As a journalist, Saad Mushtaq has contributed to many online publications including the PAK Today and the Huffing Post. In regards to academics, Saad Mushtaq earned a degree in business from the Abbottabad UST, Havelian. Saad Mushtaq follows the money and covers all aspects of emerging tech here at The Hear Up.Thanks
Summer Skin Recovery Tips: How To Correct Skin Discoloration Afterward
So you had the best summer ever, spending time on the beach and trekking through the woods to see the beautiful sunset. But these adventures may have taken a toll on your skin, and you may start a tan or sunspots creeping up on your skin.
Sunspots, also known as age spots or liver spots, are a type of skin discoloration that occurs when your skin is exposed to sunlight for long periods of time. So you must be wondering how to get rid of sun spots or a tan after spending some beautiful days out in the sun. Well, there are some excellent home remedies that you can try out to restore your natural skin tone quickly. Scroll down to check them out!
Helpful Skin Recovery Tips After Sun Exposure
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice has bleaching properties, which makes it a beneficial home remedy for de-tanning your skin. Here’s how to use it:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with 1 tablespoon of honey and some rosewater.
- Apply the mixture to your face and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this twice a week for optimal results.
Avoid this remedy if you have sensitive skin as lemon juice is acidic and can cause redness and irritation.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood is known for reducing skin tan and rejuvenating the skin. Thus, it can help you recover your even skin tone.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder with 3-4 tablespoons of rosewater and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply the paste to your skin and leave it on until it dries completely.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Perform this remedy twice a week.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera not only fades skin tan and sunspots but also soothes sunburn.
- Extract fresh aloe vera gel from a leaf and gently massage it into your skin.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes.
- Do this daily to soothe your tanned skin.
- Papaya Pulp: Papaya pulp can reduce skin discoloration as it is a fantastic skin exfoliator.
- Mix one cup of mashed papaya with 2 tablespoons of honey to make a firm paste.
- Apply it all over your face.
- Wash it off after 30 minutes.
- Do this twice a week to improve your skin tone.
- Gram Flour: Gram flour is used in traditional Indian medicine to soften the skin and reduce skin tan and sunspots.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of gram flour with some rosewater to make a thick paste. Apply it on the face or the body part and leave until it completely dries off. Later wash it off with cold water and perform this remedy twice a week to reduce the tan and the uneven appearance of the skin.
- Yogurt And Tomato Paste: Yogurt hydrates and soothes the skin. And tomatoes contain citric acid, which helps in removing the tan.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of yogurt and 2 tablespoons of tomato juice.
- Apply the pack liberally to the tanned skin.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water.
- Turmeric And Milk Paste: This natural cure is the finest choice for removing skin tan due to the skin-brightening effects of turmeric and the exfoliating benefits of milk.
- Mix a 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric with 2-3 tablespoons of milk to make a firm paste.
- Spread the solution all over your tanned skin and let it dry.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy daily.
- Coconut Milk: Coconut milk replenishes the skin’s moisture loss and is very nutritious. Its moderate acidity and vitamin C content aid in tan removal.
- Soak a cotton ball in natural coconut milk and pat it all over your face.
- Let it dry before washing it off with a gentle cleanser.
- Follow this simple remedy twice daily.
- Vitamin E Cream: Vitamin E helps lighten the skin and restore the pigmentation damaged by sunlight. You should use a vitamin E-based cream every night to see favorable results.
- De-Tan Face Washes: You can also cleanse your face with a de-tanning face wash twice daily to get rid of your tan and sunspots. These cleansers work by exfoliating the upper layer of your skin with the help of natural ingredients like tomato, papaya, and lemon.
Clinical Treatments For Skin Discoloration
If you need to get rid of tan and sunspots immediately because you have an event coming up, you can opt for some clinical treatments for relatively instant results. These include:
- Laser Treatment: Laser therapy is one of the top treatments for restoring the natural skin tone. It can also fade the appearance of dark spots, acne scars, and other skin imperfections.
- Chemical Peel: The application of chemical peels promotes collagen synthesis. This process not only eliminates skin tan but also reduces acne scars and uneven skin tone.
- Hydroquinone: It’s one of the most prescribed medications for tan reduction. It acts as a skin-lightening agent by blocking the action of tyrosinase, an enzyme that plays an important role in melanin synthesis.
- Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion might be a great choice if you want a less invasive skin discoloration treatment. This process cleanses the dead skin cells and other skin contaminants using particles of varied coarseness and a suction mechanism.
How To Prevent Sunspots And Tan
There are a few precautions you can take to protect your skin from tanning and preserve its natural tone and glow even during the summer. Here’s what you can do:
- Avoid Prolonged Sun Exposure: If you already have a tan, avoid spending too much time in the sun. It is best to use an umbrella when you are stepping out. Also, avoid wearing black or other dark colors as they absorb more sunlight. Take care of your eyes by wearing sunglasses. Finally, don’t forget to wear a hat when spending a day outdoors.
- Apply Sunscreen Religiously: You need to wear sunscreen every single day throughout the year, even if you are staying indoors. Sunscreen shields your skin from the damaging UV rays and delays the onset of aging. A sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher and broad-spectrum protection is recommended.
A temporary tan is not the only skin issue that sunlight can cause. Sun damage is the leading cause of long-term hyperpigmentation, and you can do a lot to avoid it by wearing SPF and staying out of direct sunlight. Thankfully, you can use the natural remedies listed above to restore your natural skin tone. Try them out!
Khalil ur Rehman is a proud born and raised in Abbottabad. Khalil has worked as a journalist for nearly a decade having contributed to several large publications including the Yahoo News and The Verge. As a journalist for The Hear Up, Khalil covers climate and science news. [email protected]