PCOS is a hormonal imbalance that impacts women. Women with PCOS create more male hormones than usual. This hormonal imbalance causes their bodies to miss menstruation cycles, making it more challenging for women to become pregnant. If you have Garden City PCOS, you may be subjected to blood glucose and cholesterol tests. Doctors frequently perform these tests to assess your general health and risk of developing additional conditions:
· Lipid profiles examine your cholesterol and triglyceride levels. PCOS can increase your risk of having heart problems.
· A glucose test can help determine if you have diabetes. This condition affects more than half of all PCOS patients.
· Insulin: Your specialist will want to know how effectively your body responds to insulin, which aids blood sugar management. Insulin resistance happens when your body does not respond to the insulin it produces. Moreover, it is frequent in PCOS women and can cause diabetes.
Connect between pregnancy and PCOS
PCOS disrupts the regular menstrual cycle, making pregnancy more difficult. Fertility issues affect 70 to 80 % of women with PCOS. This illness might also raise the chances of difficulties during pregnancy. Females with PCOS are twice as likely to have a premature baby than women who do not have the condition. Also, they are more likely to miscarry, have high blood pressure, and have gestational diabetes. Conversely, women with PCOS can become pregnant utilizing fertility medicines that enhance ovulation. Furthermore, losing weight and managing blood sugar levels can aid you in having a healthier pregnancy.
Weight loss operation for PCOS
There are numerous factors to consider before undergoing PCOS weight loss surgery. The association between PCOS, obesity, and metabolic syndrome, such as insulin resistance, is apparent. The hormonal alterations caused by this condition are more than just an imbalance of reproductive hormones like estrogen, testosterone, and progesterone. Insulin, the body’s sugar-regulating hormone, is also impacted. Weight loss surgery may seem like a dream come true for those who have struggled with weight. Before electing to have weight reduction surgery for PCOS, careful thinking and deliberation are essential.
PCOS can interrupt a woman’s menstrual process and make it difficult to conceive. Also, elevated levels of male hormones can cause unwanted symptoms such as facial and body hair growth. Lifestyle changes are generally the first therapies that doctors offer for PCOS, and they frequently work successfully. Weight loss can help manage PCOS signs and increase your chances of getting pregnant. Diet and aerobic exercise are two successful weight-loss tactics. If lifestyle changes do not help, medications are an alternative. Metformin and birth control pills can help restore regular menstrual periods and alleviate PCOS symptoms.
If you are identified with polycystic ovary syndrome, you and your physician will devise a treatment plan based on your current health issues and needs. Your doctor may concentrate on managing your menstrual cycles, boosting insulin sensitivity, treating acne and excessive hair growth, and talking with you about developing a strategy to handle your weight and avoid additional weight gain. Also, your therapy may alter significantly if you are trying to conceive or hope to conceive soon. Call Women’s Healthcare of Garden City or book your appointment online to learn more about PCOS therapy.
Umar Nisar was born and raised in the busy city of Abbottabad. As a journalist, Umar Nisar has contributed to many online publications including PAK Today and the Huffing Post. In regards to academics, Umar Nisar earned a degree in business from the Abbottabad UST, Havelian. Umar Nisar follows the money and covers all aspects of emerging tech here at The Hear Up.
Summer Skin Recovery Tips: How To Correct Skin Discoloration Afterward
So you had the best summer ever, spending time on the beach and trekking through the woods to see the beautiful sunset. But these adventures may have taken a toll on your skin, and you may start a tan or sunspots creeping up on your skin.
Sunspots, also known as age spots or liver spots, are a type of skin discoloration that occurs when your skin is exposed to sunlight for long periods of time. So you must be wondering how to get rid of sun spots or a tan after spending some beautiful days out in the sun. Well, there are some excellent home remedies that you can try out to restore your natural skin tone quickly. Scroll down to check them out!
Helpful Skin Recovery Tips After Sun Exposure
- Lemon Juice: Lemon juice has bleaching properties, which makes it a beneficial home remedy for de-tanning your skin. Here’s how to use it:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with 1 tablespoon of honey and some rosewater.
- Apply the mixture to your face and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this twice a week for optimal results.
Avoid this remedy if you have sensitive skin as lemon juice is acidic and can cause redness and irritation.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood is known for reducing skin tan and rejuvenating the skin. Thus, it can help you recover your even skin tone.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder with 3-4 tablespoons of rosewater and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply the paste to your skin and leave it on until it dries completely.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Perform this remedy twice a week.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera not only fades skin tan and sunspots but also soothes sunburn.
- Extract fresh aloe vera gel from a leaf and gently massage it into your skin.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes.
- Do this daily to soothe your tanned skin.
- Papaya Pulp: Papaya pulp can reduce skin discoloration as it is a fantastic skin exfoliator.
- Mix one cup of mashed papaya with 2 tablespoons of honey to make a firm paste.
- Apply it all over your face.
- Wash it off after 30 minutes.
- Do this twice a week to improve your skin tone.
- Gram Flour: Gram flour is used in traditional Indian medicine to soften the skin and reduce skin tan and sunspots.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of gram flour with some rosewater to make a thick paste. Apply it on the face or the body part and leave until it completely dries off. Later wash it off with cold water and perform this remedy twice a week to reduce the tan and the uneven appearance of the skin.
- Yogurt And Tomato Paste: Yogurt hydrates and soothes the skin. And tomatoes contain citric acid, which helps in removing the tan.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of yogurt and 2 tablespoons of tomato juice.
- Apply the pack liberally to the tanned skin.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water.
- Turmeric And Milk Paste: This natural cure is the finest choice for removing skin tan due to the skin-brightening effects of turmeric and the exfoliating benefits of milk.
- Mix a 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric with 2-3 tablespoons of milk to make a firm paste.
- Spread the solution all over your tanned skin and let it dry.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy daily.
- Coconut Milk: Coconut milk replenishes the skin’s moisture loss and is very nutritious. Its moderate acidity and vitamin C content aid in tan removal.
- Soak a cotton ball in natural coconut milk and pat it all over your face.
- Let it dry before washing it off with a gentle cleanser.
- Follow this simple remedy twice daily.
- Vitamin E Cream: Vitamin E helps lighten the skin and restore the pigmentation damaged by sunlight. You should use a vitamin E-based cream every night to see favorable results.
- De-Tan Face Washes: You can also cleanse your face with a de-tanning face wash twice daily to get rid of your tan and sunspots. These cleansers work by exfoliating the upper layer of your skin with the help of natural ingredients like tomato, papaya, and lemon.
Clinical Treatments For Skin Discoloration
If you need to get rid of tan and sunspots immediately because you have an event coming up, you can opt for some clinical treatments for relatively instant results. These include:
- Laser Treatment: Laser therapy is one of the top treatments for restoring the natural skin tone. It can also fade the appearance of dark spots, acne scars, and other skin imperfections.
- Chemical Peel: The application of chemical peels promotes collagen synthesis. This process not only eliminates skin tan but also reduces acne scars and uneven skin tone.
- Hydroquinone: It’s one of the most prescribed medications for tan reduction. It acts as a skin-lightening agent by blocking the action of tyrosinase, an enzyme that plays an important role in melanin synthesis.
- Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion might be a great choice if you want a less invasive skin discoloration treatment. This process cleanses the dead skin cells and other skin contaminants using particles of varied coarseness and a suction mechanism.
How To Prevent Sunspots And Tan
There are a few precautions you can take to protect your skin from tanning and preserve its natural tone and glow even during the summer. Here’s what you can do:
- Avoid Prolonged Sun Exposure: If you already have a tan, avoid spending too much time in the sun. It is best to use an umbrella when you are stepping out. Also, avoid wearing black or other dark colors as they absorb more sunlight. Take care of your eyes by wearing sunglasses. Finally, don’t forget to wear a hat when spending a day outdoors.
- Apply Sunscreen Religiously: You need to wear sunscreen every single day throughout the year, even if you are staying indoors. Sunscreen shields your skin from the damaging UV rays and delays the onset of aging. A sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher and broad-spectrum protection is recommended.
A temporary tan is not the only skin issue that sunlight can cause. Sun damage is the leading cause of long-term hyperpigmentation, and you can do a lot to avoid it by wearing SPF and staying out of direct sunlight. Thankfully, you can use the natural remedies listed above to restore your natural skin tone. Try them out!
Khalil ur Rehman is a proud born and raised in Abbottabad. Khalil has worked as a journalist for nearly a decade having contributed to several large publications including the Yahoo News and The Verge. As a journalist for The Hear Up, Khalil covers climate and science news. [email protected]