YouTuber Entrepreneur and Influencer, Alexander David Manns chatted about his favorite hot spots in Thailand.
When was the first time you visited Thailand?
Around June 2019 was the first time I had visited Thailand.
What was your first impression?
Everyone was super nice and the place we travelled to was amazing. I love the Phi Phi Islands in Thailand.
What is your favorite island in Thailand?
My favorite island in Thailand is the Phi Phi Islands because the water on the beach is pretty clear and I love the vibe of the island.
What is your favorite food in Thailand?
My favorite dish is the fried rice shrimp and pad Thai shrimp.
Where do you recommend people stay in Bangkok?
Well there are a lot of wonderful parts in Bangkok but for my wife and I, we stay at the Mandarin Oriental in Bangkok as it is beautiful and very chilled.
Top 5 things to do in Bangkok?
- Eat: Thailand has so many food options. If you have a chance and time I suggest Yaowarat Road in Samphanthawong District in Chinatown. There are so many amazing local foods.
- Beach: Thailand has many beautiful and incredible beaches, you need to go once in your life!
- Festivals: We went to Thailand around the time they were celebrating “Songkran.” It is the Thai New Year’s national holiday. Basically people come out and celebrate by pouring water on each other, it was super fun.
- Floating market: When we went to Thailand I had the chance to float on a boat along the floating market. You can buy food and stuff at the same time you are floating along in a boat, it was a super cool experience.
- Market: Thailand has the best street markets that run all day and night. No matter what the time of day, you can always buy unique items all the time as they never close.
Top 5 places to visit in Thailand?
- The Mall – Bangkok has some incredible shopping malls to cover all kinds of lifestyles and budgets. They have have almost everything inside and at really good prices.
- The Zoo – Dusit Zoo in Bangkok is probably my favorite zoo. Although his location has moved to Thanyaburi, what is amazing is that many of the animals were sociable, koalas, elephants, zebras and pandas are just some of the animals at the zoo.
- Museums – There are so many museums in Thailand that you will love to explore.
- Temples – Thailand has the most stunning temples. These are must sees when visiting.
- Phuket – The beaches in Phuket are the best I have ever been to. I love the vibe and white sand.
Hamza Fazal is a reporter for The Hear UP. After graduating from the University of Abbottabad, Hamza got an internship at the NPR and worked as a reporter and producer. Hamza has also worked as a reporter for the Medium. Hamza covers health and science for The Hear UP.
7 Things to Do During a Trip to New York
In 2019, nearly 67 million people visited New York City. This number declined during the COVID pandemic but is quickly creeping back up again. New York City is the perfect vacation destination.
If you are thinking about taking a trip to New York, then there are a few things you can’t miss out on. Read on to discover 7 of the best things to do in New York City.
No New York vacation is complete without a visit to Times Square. Times Square is located where 7th Avenue and Broadway intersect in Midtown Manhattan. Times Square is often the first thing people think of when New York is mentioned.
Times Square is an iconic location that is full of fun things to do. You can grab a bite to eat at one of the dozens of iconic restaurants or spend hours walking through all of the shops.
Make sure to visit Times Square both during the day and the night. The daytime offers lots of fun activities, while the nighttime is a great time to admire the beautiful lights.
If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city, then consider taking a walk through Central Park. Central Park is a vast green oasis situated right in the middle of the city. Millions of people pass through central park every year to walk, run, or picnic on the grass.
If you are visiting Central Park for the first time, then you may want to catch a ride on one of the horse-drawn carriages. This is a great way to admire your surroundings while you travel through the park. And don’t forget to grab a classic New York City hot dog before you leave.
If you love sports, then you may want to center your vacation planning around them. New York is home to some of the best sports teams in the country.
If you want to visit the iconic Madison Square Garden, then pick up some Rangers or Knicks tickets. If you want to spend some time watching sports outside, then you may want to check out the New York City FC or the New York Mets.
The New York Jets, New York Yankees, Brooklyn Nets, and the New York Liberty also play throughout the year.
One of the best ways to get a good view of the city is to travel to the top of the Empire State Building. The Empire State building is a 102-story building located in Midtown Manhattan. For a long time, it was the tallest building in the world.
You can pay a fee to travel to the 86th floor and admire the spectacular views. If you are lucky, you can even get a spot at STATE Grill and Bar located inside the building.
If you can’t get enough of the views, then you can also visit the Rockefeller Center. You can travel up to the top of Rockefeller Plaza’s 70th floor for their “Top of the Rock” experience. This is particularly fun during the holiday season when the Rockefeller Tree is also set up.
There’s nothing better than walking the Brooklyn Bridge on a warm summer day. The Brooklyn Bridge is a 6,000-foot bridge connecting the boroughs of Manhattan and Brooklyn. You can stop anywhere on the Brooklyn Bridge and get an incredible view of the city.
If you want to ride a bike through the city, then the Brooklyn Bridge has a designated bike lane for you to enjoy. During the summertime, dozens of sellers line the bridge and sell products such as photographs, postcards, and other artwork.
If you want to fuel your creativity, then you should take a visit to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. MOMA is located in Midtown Manhattan between Fifth and Sixth Avenue.
MOMA is constantly changing its exhibits, so you can visit every year and see something different. They often have exhibits that feature art from all over the world. Some of the most popular works featured at MOMA include:
- The Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh
- The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali
- Water Lilies by Monet
- Campbell’s Soup Can by Andy Warhol
- Les Demoiselles d’Avignon by Pablo Picasso
MOMA gets very busy on weekends, so if you can go on a weekday, you may experience smaller crowds.
The September 11 Memorial and Museum is a can’t-miss attraction in New York City. The September 11 Memorial is free for everyone to view. The memorial was constructed soon after the attacks on the world trade center.
The memorial consists of two holes in the ground where the original towers once stood. All around the memorial are the names of the victims of the attack. At night, the memorial is lit up, creating a beautiful yet somber environment.
If you want to learn more about this day in history, then you can take a look at the September 11th museum located directly next to the memorial. The museum is $26 for adult admission and is free to all 9/11 family members, museum members, rescue and recovery workers, and active or retired U.S. military. Admission is free on Mondays.
So, if you are thinking about taking a trip to New York City, then you need to check out one or more of these wonderful activities. New York has many amazing attractions that you can visit over and over again.
If you enjoyed this article, then feel free to check out the rest of our blog for more informative travel and lifestyle content.
Khalil ur Rehman is a proud born and raised in Abbottabad. Khalil has worked as a journalist for nearly a decade having contributed to several large publications including the Yahoo News and The Verge. As a journalist for The Hear Up, Khalil covers climate and science news. [email protected]