After an accident with a commercial truck, you may be surprised to get a phone call from the trucking company. However, you should know that they’re not calling out of concern for your wellbeing. They’re calling to collect information they can use against you.
It is common in truck accidents for trucking companies to reach out to injury victims. They may persuade you to give a recorded statement with their insurance company, sign documents, or get you to say something that may be construed as an admission of fault.
If you get a call from the trucking company, you should decline to speak with them. Read on to find out why.
You are likely severely injured and in extreme pain following this unfortunate event. The trucking company knows this and is trying to get to you while you’re vulnerable. They will be cordial and polite, but make no mistake about it – their job is to collect information from you while your guard is down. They will then use this information to defend against liability to reduce or eliminate any possible payout.
You must be extremely cautious if you pick up the phone and discover someone from the trucking company is on the line. They may ask those simple courteous questions about how you are doing, and if you robotically reply that you’re fine, it could wind up damaging your case.
Maybe you’ll get lucky and they’ll leave a voice message. You are under no obligation to speak to them yourself. However, if you do answer, be polite and ask for their information. Then let them know that your attorney will be in touch with them soon.
Sometimes, these callers aren’t on a fishing expedition for evidence. Instead, they may be calling you to offer a settlement. This may seem like a huge relief to you since you’re likely contending with big bills resulting from this truck accident.
However, you should never accept this first offer without having a truck accident attorney take a look to make sure it’s fair. Most truck accident victims don’t realize that the serious injuries they have could also cause future costs. They don’t consider the non-economic damages they’ve incurred like mental anguish or loss of enjoyment of life.
They know that you don’t know the full extent of what your case is potentially worth. They hope you’ll be happy they’re making it easy to get your money. Once you accept this settlement, you waive your rights to pursuing anything further.
If you get a call from the trucking company, the first thing you should do is get an attorney. Even if you do not have one at the time that the trucking company contacts you, you can simply tell them that your attorney will be in touch.
Injuries from truck accidents are far more serious, and with a lawyer on your side, you’ll have an advocate that ensures the trucking company isn’t trying to take you for a ride.
Kenneth is a proud native of sydney, born and raised there. However, he pursued his education abroad and studied in Australia. Kenneth has worked as a journalist for almost a decade, making valuable contributions to prominent publications such as Yahoo News and The Verge. Currently, he serves as a journalist for The Hear Up, where he focuses on covering climate and science news. You can reach Kenneth at [email protected].
Choosing the Purrfect Feline Companion: A Guide to Cats for Sale
Cats have long been cherished as beloved companions, their playful antics and independent personalities making them a popular choice for pet lovers worldwide. If you’re considering bringing a feline friend into your home, exploring cats for sale is a fantastic way to find the perfect match for your lifestyle. This article will guide you through the process of selecting a cat, ensuring a seamless integration into your family.
- Research Breeds and Characteristics:Before diving into the world of cats for sale, take the time to research different breeds and their characteristics. Each breed comes with its own unique traits, such as temperament, grooming needs, and energy levels. Understanding these differences will help you find a cat that aligns with your preferences and lifestyle.
- Consider Adoption:While searching for cats for sale, don’t overlook the option of adopting from shelters or rescue organizations. Many loving cats of all ages, breeds, and personalities are waiting for a forever home. Adopting not only gives a deserving cat a second chance but also provides a rewarding experience for the owner.
- Evaluate Your Lifestyle:Cats have varying energy levels and social needs. Consider your daily routine, living space, and the amount of time you can dedicate to your feline friend. Some breeds are more independent, while others thrive on constant attention. Matching a cat’s needs to your lifestyle will lead to a happier and healthier relationship.
- Health Check:When exploring cats for sale, prioritize the health of the cat. Reputable breeders and rescue organizations should provide health records, vaccinations, and information on any medical treatments the cat has received. Ensure that the cat has been spayed or neutered, and inquire about any potential genetic conditions common to the breed.
- Visit the Breeder or Shelter:It’s essential to visit the breeder or shelter in person when looking for a cat. This allows you to interact with the cat, observe its behavior, and assess its overall health. A reputable breeder or shelter will be transparent about the cat’s background and provide a comfortable, clean environment for their animals.
- Ask Questions:Don’t be afraid to ask the breeder or shelter staff questions about the cat’s history, behavior, and any specific needs it may have. Responsible breeders and shelters are committed to ensuring their cats find suitable homes and will be happy to provide information to help you make an informed decision.
- Prepare Your Home:Before bringing your new feline friend home, make sure your living space is cat-friendly. Set up a cozy sleeping area, provide a litter box, scratching post, and ensure that hazardous items are out of reach. Creating a welcoming environment will help your new cat adjust more easily.
Bringing a cat into your home is a rewarding experience, and exploring cats for sale gives you the opportunity to find the perfect match for your lifestyle. Whether you choose a specific breed or opt for adoption, the key is to prioritize the cat’s well-being and ensure a smooth transition into your loving home. With careful consideration and responsible choices, you’ll soon enjoy the companionship and joy that a feline friend can bring.
Harper Harrison is a reporter for The Hear UP. Harper got an internship at the NPR and worked as a reporter and producer. harper has also worked as a reporter for the Medium. Harper covers health and science for The Hear UP.