It happens thousands of times every month; homeowners look to refinance their current mortgage into a new loan that will put them in a better financial position. The good news for homeowners is that the refinance process is much easier than when they bought them. For one thing, you don’t have to deal with a seller and there is a lot less paperwork.
That being said not everyone looks to refinance their mortgage, even though a new loan will improve their finances because they’re not sure how to go about the process. Or they had such a bad experience when they purchased the property that they don’t want to go through that again (even though it’s a much simpler process).
What You Need To Know:
When you refinance your current mortgage it’s important to remember the simple fact that you don’t have to work with the person who sold you the home. That alone should save you hours and hours of time. And because you don’t have to deal with a seller when you are refinancing a mortgage you have far fewer documents to complete and sign.
Here are the steps you need to take to ensure an easy and quick refinance transaction.
- If you don’t know the basic terms and phrases used in the mortgage industry take 10 minutes to learn the basics. It will really help with your search for a new mortgage.
- Establish a plan of action. Why are you refinancing? If you’re taking cash out to consolidate debt or improve the home then great! If it’s to move from a 30 year fixed rate mortgage to a 20 or 15 year fixed rate mortgage then good for you. Or maybe you have a high rate mortgage now and rates are much lower; that’s a great time to take advantage of the market. Whatever the reason is to establish your plan of action and never refinance unless you’re better off after the refinance.
- Put together your income documentation, along with your homeowner’s insurance and mortgage statement. Having these ready will show the Loan Officer you have a good understanding of the process and that you are prepared.
- Review your credit history (get a free credit report from one of the three credit bureaus) and review the homes that have sold in your area (Zillow is a great website for this).
- Find a great company to work with that has the highest rating on various review sites (Better Business Bureau, Yelp, Zillow, etc). And make sure your Loan Officer has more than two years of experience.
Doing these things will really help your loan process and give you the best chance to locate a low rate mortgage at great terms.
How Long Does A Refinance Take:
I think this is probably one of the top questions most people have when it’s their first refinance. Understandably because the home buying process can seem like forever. Some escrow periods (purchases) are 45-90 days but don’t worry; a refinance should not take that long.
In most cases, the length of a refinance is significantly shorter than that. In fact, sometimes a refinance is completed in two-three weeks. Certain refinance programs allow for a very fast process. For example, the FHA Streamline Refinance loan program is super easy and really fast – no income docs, no appraisal and it really does not get easier than that.
Don’t have an FHA loan currently?
No problem! Both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac issue appraisal waivers and some lenders will verify your income independently (so no income docs) and if you qualify you too can get a speedy refinance done.
Whatever your choice is knowing that a refinance of a current mortgage is a great opportunity to help your current financial position. Saving on a monthly payment, home improvements or shorter-term are just a few of the examples discussed that could provide a huge benefit to you and your family.
Hamza Fazal is a reporter for The Hear UP. After graduating from the University of Abbottabad, Hamza got an internship at the NPR and worked as a reporter and producer. Hamza has also worked as a reporter for the Medium. Hamza covers health and science for The Hear UP.
The Importance of Using Paper Cup Sleeves for Hot Drinks
As we all know, hot drinks are a staple in our daily lives, be it coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. One of the most commonly used items to keep these drinks warm and comfortable to hold is a paper cup sleeve. Paper cup sleeves are a simple yet effective way to keep drinks warm and prevent the hands from getting too hot. They are not just beneficial for the customer but also for the businesses. These sleeves can be a great branding opportunity for businesses to promote their logo or message. With the rise of environmental awareness, paper cup sleeves are becoming an increasingly popular option as they are made of biodegradable and renewable resources.
In this article, we will discuss the various benefits of using paper cup sleeves for hot drinks, the different types of sleeves available, and how to properly use them to ensure maximum comfort and satisfaction for the customer.
Benefits of Using Paper Cup Sleeves
The primary purpose of a paper cup sleeve is to provide insulation to keep hot drinks warm. The added layer of paper helps to slow down the transfer of heat from the cup to the outside environment, which helps to keep the drink at the desired temperature for a longer period of time.
Holding a hot cup of coffee or tea can be uncomfortable, even painful. Paper cup sleeves provide an extra layer of protection for the hands, making it more comfortable to hold hot drinks for extended periods.
Paper cup sleeves provide a blank canvas for businesses to promote their logo or message. They are an excellent opportunity for businesses to advertise and increase brand recognition.
Paper cup sleeves are made of paper, which is a biodegradable and renewable resource. They are an eco-friendly alternative to plastic sleeves and can help reduce waste.
Types of Paper Cup Sleeves
- Single-use Sleeves: These sleeves are disposable and are intended for one-time use. They are most commonly found in coffee shops and fast-food restaurants.
- Reusable Sleeves: These sleeves are made of thicker paper or fabric and can be used multiple times. They are perfect for businesses looking to reduce waste and promote sustainability.
- Custom Printed Sleeves: These sleeves are custom printed with a business’s logo or message. They provide a great opportunity for businesses to promote their brand and increase brand recognition.
Proper Use of Paper Cup Sleeves
- Use the right size sleeve for the cup: It is important to use the right size paper cup sleeve for the cup to ensure a proper fit.
- Position the sleeve correctly: The sleeve should be placed on the cup with the open end facing up, to allow easy insertion and removal of the cup.
- Avoid over-tightening the sleeve: Over-tightening the sleeve can make it difficult to remove the cup and can also cause the cup to collapse.
- Use the sleeve for its intended purpose: Paper cup sleeves are designed for hot drinks, and should not be used for cold drinks or food items.
The use of paper cup sleeves for hot drinks has become increasingly popular in recent years due to its insulation and hand protection properties, as well as its branding opportunity. They are an eco-friendly alternative to plastic sleeves and can help reduce waste. There are different types of paper cup sleeves available, such as single-use, reusable, and custom-printed sleeves. It is important to use the right size sleeve for the cup, position the sleeve correctly, avoid over-tightening the sleeve, and use the sleeve for its intended purpose. Overall, paper cup sleeves are an excellent addition to any business that serves hot drinks and can help keep customers happy and comfortable.
Umar Nisar was born and raised in the busy city of Abbottabad. As a journalist, Umar Nisar has contributed to many online publications including PAK Today and the Huffing Post. In regards to academics, Umar Nisar earned a degree in business from the Abbottabad UST, Havelian. Umar Nisar follows the money and covers all aspects of emerging tech here at The Hear Up.