There are many hill stations in India where you can calm yourself and cherish nature. The green environment will please your eyes and will burst your stress. There are many small towns in India where you can visit for a day to chill and have fun with your family, friends, or even alone. And every place in India has a kind of history behind it which makes it more fascinating for the tourists to visit. Every generation loves lakes, mountains, natural falls, etc where they can enjoy the heights and the green valleys.
Lonavala is one of the best hill stations which is located in western India near Mumbai. It is heightened at 2,047 feet from sea level which is far away from the extreme conditions of the city. It has pleasant weather and a clean environment and has beautiful views and mesmerizing green valleys. Lonavala is located in Maharashtra near Mumbai and Pune. Lonavala is 96km away from Mumbai and 64km away from Pune. If we talk about history, Lonavala was a part of the Yadava dynasty. The Mughals realized the importance of the region from the strategic aspect and ruled for a long time. The ‘Malawa’ warriors played an important role in the history of the Mughal Empire and peshwas. In the 1870s Lonavala was declared as a tourist place by Lord Elphinstone. You will see many forts from ancient times which are still the most famous spots and holds importance in Lonavala and some of them are lohagad fort, rajmachi fort, Karla caves, etc.
So if you are planning to make a visit to Lonavala, you need to know about the following information:
- Best time to visit- The best time to visit Lonavala is during the monsoon season. It starts from July till September. During this season the temperature ranges between 23-35 degrees Celsius which is considered to be pleasant. For sightseeing, winter month is the best season which ranges from October to March. People living in Mumbai or Pune or other places visit Lonavala in summers as well or during weekends for a one day trip to enjoy and relax.
- How to reach- Lonavala does not have its airport. It can be reached via Mumbai or Pune airport and further taxi can be hired. Mumbai and Pune are widely connected with the other cities and even internationally which makes it easy to reach there. If planning by bus, many governments, and private busses are running on the road which plies on the route regularly. Lonavala has its railway station and is connected with all the major cities like Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Delhi, etc. This will make it easy for you to travel by train.
- Culture- The culture of Lonavala is very polite and warm for people. Their official language id Marathi but many among them can speak English, Hindi, Urdu, and Gujarati. There are many people following different religions which are Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Jainism, and most of all Hindus. You will get a variety of options in mouth-watering cuisines as there maybe south-Indian, Chinese, north-Indian, continental. But on the top, their local Marathi food is very delicious. Every festival whether it is Ganesh Chaturthi, Pune festival, Diwali, etc is celebrated with full joy and enthusiasm.
- Attractions- You will see many forts like lohagarh fort, Tikona fort, koregad fort, Tung fort, etc. Also, you will come across many lakes like Valvan Lake, Tungarli Lake, and Pawna Lake Etc which have a serene environment and spectacular view. From religion aspects, you will see many historic temples which are famous for their architectural style and religious belief. There are many places as well which are famous for trekking and have mind-boggling views from high hills.
- Hotels- You will find plenty of cheap hotels to 5-star hotels, apartments, resorts, cottages, lodges, home stays, andvillas in Lonavala with amazing luxuries. You can book them online to get amazing deals and offers. If travelling by bus or train, try to choose near them which will make it easy to travel back. Also, you can try to get to the central location where you can easily travel to the marked places you wish to go.
So above are some of the important information you need to know about Lonavala. It is the best thing to make a list of all the destinations you wish to visit. This will help you not to waste time and you will not be confused. Choose one in which your interest lies in. Also, try to dig in the culture so that it becomes easy for you to settle down. Make sure to book the hotel room in advance to avoid the last-minute rush. While booking, keep some of the following tips in mind:
- Budget- Always look for the room which is under your budget. Lonavala provides you will low to high-budget rooms with all the required amenities and luxuries respectively. The higher the cost, the higher will be the luxuries.
- Location- Try to get one which is in the central location rather than the outskirts of the town. With this, you will be able to feel the essence of the culture and the local people. Also, it will make it easy to travel from one place to another as you will have easy access to transportation.
- Review and recommendation- While choosing one, do not forget to go through the reviews and recommendations on the website. For this, you can choose any online website as well to know the experience of stay and price charged by the previous users. This will provide you with a clear picture of the stay and on that basis; you can take your decision. You can also ask your friends and relatives for the same if they have visited before.
So above are some of the tips you can consider before booking any hotel in Lonavala. You will find plenty of options so do not rush. During peak season, the hotels get full so try to pre-book them as soon as possible to avoid any issues at the moment.
Saad Mushtaq was born and raised in the busy city of Abbottabad. As a journalist, Saad Mushtaq has contributed to many online publications including the PAK Today and the Huffing Post. In regards to academics, Saad Mushtaq earned a degree in business from the Abbottabad UST, Havelian. Saad Mushtaq follows the money and covers all aspects of emerging tech here at The Hear Up.Thanks
The 7 Best Dog Breeds to Travel With
Whether you are an adventurous person who’s looking for a little company as you travel around the world or someone who simply wants a car companion as you enjoy local days out, you may be thinking about getting a dog. It’s no secret that some breeds will be easier to travel with than others, so let’s take a look at the top 7 that may fit your needs.
7 best dog breeds for travelling
While dogs of all sizes can make great travelling companions, we’ve decided to focus on small dog breeds, as these can be somewhat easier to take along when it comes to transportation, accommodation and more.
One of the most attractive things about Dachshunds is that they are friendly, inquisitive and love to learn. While they fit well within structured environments, they enjoy trying new things and can be easily trained. This lends well to travel and as they have long bodies and short legs, they can be taken as carry-ons on planes and won’t be any trouble when you need to transport a manageable crate.
This toy breed is often the perfect size for travel as they tend to be on the lighter side and they have one of the friendliest dispositions on this list. You and your pup will love the extra attention and an added bonus is that they aren’t prone to shedding and can have little cleanup.
3. Yorkshire Terrier
When you are looking for a dog that will stay close by your side while being happy to socialise, a Yorkshire Terrier could be a great choice. These dogs are not likely to run very far from their owners while being small enough to transport with ease – and you may just find that they love travelling just as much as you do!
As one of the smallest breeds, the Pomeranian can fit almost anywhere and won’t give you too much trouble when travelling, no matter the mode of transport you use. A plus point is that these dogs are extremely popular around the world, so you should find it simple to book a hotel that won’t mind their presence.
5. Russell Terrier
If you decide to choose a Russell Terrier as your travel companion, it may be worthwhile to keep in mind that they are energetic and love to explore, so the more adventurous the holiday, the better suited they will be.
6. Toy poodle
Just like the Maltese, the toy poodle is extra small and barely sheds, so you will be able to take him/her almost anywhere. The good news is that they are very loving and open to adventure while being pretty laid-back, so they’ll have just as much fun in a resort as they will on the open road.
7. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are calm, friendly and easy to train, so you won’t have to worry about keeping them on a tight leash when you travel. They are easily adaptable and won’t typically get overwhelmed.
How to prepare for your trip If you have chosen your preferred breed and are ready to get your holiday started, be sure to pack everything your dog needs, too. From their favourite food to treats and toys, it can be important to cover all your bases as you never know how they will respond until you get on your way. Remember to make frequent stops for exercise and potty breaks to minimise accidents.
Khalil ur Rehman is a proud born and raised in Abbottabad. Khalil has worked as a journalist for nearly a decade having contributed to several large publications including the Yahoo News and The Verge. As a journalist for The Hear Up, Khalil covers climate and science news. [email protected]