Children’s Use of Technology and Social Media
Improvement of information technologies creates conditions for the effective development of modern society. Communication tools have become an integral part of people’s lives in all spheres of activity. Mobile phones, computers, and the Internet opened up new opportunities for communication, education, work, leisure, and creative self-realization of the individual. The number of mobile phone and Internet users is constantly increasing every day.
Despite the positive role of modern technologies and the Internet, there are certain risks in their use. Unsecured information space hides a special danger for children. The Internet may contain information of aggressive or socially dangerous content. Preferring the virtual world over the real one has a negative impact on the child’s psyche and health. It can impair vision and posture; cause anxiety, irritability, social maladjustment, and addictive behavior.
Fortunately, today there are effective ways to protect your child online. This is the use of a Turkey VPN that protects against spies and attacks when using Wi-Fi networks. At the same time, the real IP address of the user is changed to the address of one of the VPN servers. So no one can track your child online and pose a threat. Read below for more details about technological threats and the rules that are important to follow when using social networks.
How Children Use Technology and Social Media?
Technologies and social networks have become a natural part of children’s lives. The inability to work with a computer and navigate the Internet space in modern society can be compared to the inability to read and write. Technology for children is not only entertainment, but also a means of communication, self-expression, and development. In cyberspace, there are a large number of special sites addressed to children of various ages.
Independent knowledge of the information world allows to expand the circle of interests of the child and contributes to additional education, encourages ingenuity, and teaches to solve problems independently. The World Wide Web also fulfills teenagers’ need for leadership. Children who know the computer and the Internet well assess their abilities and capabilities more adequately, they are more purposeful and smart.
Threats of Technology and Social Media to Children
The list of threats posed by the new era of social media is quite extensive. Let’s consider a few main ones:
- Computer addiction. Teenagers aged 11-17 are more prone to computer addiction. They lose the sense of time, feel insecure, helpless, fear of independent decision-making, etc.;
- The difference between the real “I” and the Internet image. This may be a consequence of the child’s inadequate perception of himself and the world around him. Identifying himself with the hero of the game, the child gets an opportunity for a kind of self-realization in the virtual world. At the same time, he automatically tries on the qualities of the hero (courage, strength, extraordinary abilities, etc.). Returning to reality deprives the player of many opportunities and makes him helpless before the problems that exist in reality;
- Access to content not suitable for children. Viewing materials containing scenes of violence and cruelty to people and animals, etc., prevents the formation of moral values;
- Online fraud. Implies the actions of cybercriminals aimed at taking possession of information data or financial resources of an Internet user;
- Infection of the computer with malicious software. It interferes with the operation of the computer, collects confidential information, or gains access to private computer systems.
Rules for Using Technologies and Social Media That Will Help Your Child Be Safe
The family lays the foundations for a child’s behavior in the real world, and the virtual space should not be an exception. Parents should pay serious attention to raising children and increasing their awareness of the dangers of new technologies. It is important to teach the child the following:
- Create a strong and clear password. Teach your child to create strong and clear passwords during each registration;
- ● Set up privacy. Without proper privacy settings, millions of people can access the information your child posts. Use all possible account privacy settings;
- Block unpleasant content. All social networks have the ability to report threatening content/information. Explain this to your child and show how to block it;
- Make friends online only with people from the real world. Your child should understand that there is no need to be ashamed to block those who cause concern;
- Have an open dialogue. Parents cannot monitor their child’s social media activity 24/7. Therefore, the best way to protect your children is to reassure them that you will always provide support;
- Take care of your online reputation. Tell the children that their relationship in real life depends on their behavior on social media.
As mentioned above, VPN apps are a great way to improve online security. VeePN makes a person anonymous on the network and protects against various threats. According to VPN reviews, VPN apps should be installed on the device of every modern child. So, be sure to provide your kid with this reliable protection technology.
Social networks have become a part of everyday life not only for adults but also for children today. However, given the variety of technological threats, it is important to ensure the safety of children online. The tips described in this article and the installation of VeePN will allow you to cope with the task effectively!
Khalil ur Rehman is a proud born and raised in Abbottabad. Khalil has worked as a journalist for nearly a decade having contributed to several large publications including the Yahoo News and The Verge. As a journalist for The Hear Up, Khalil covers climate and science news. [email protected]
The Benefits of Managed IT Services
Managed IT Services
More and more companies realize the need to outsource the management of their IT services. As such, there has been a surge in companies offering managed IT services.
Given the scope and importance of IT in any business, and the increasing risk posed by cyber threats, it’s essential that you look for a reputable managed IT services provider.
Keep reading for a closer look at managed IT services and the benefits of outsourced IT management.
Overcoming Stress and Complicated Technology
Outsourcing IT tasks can help businesses focus on their core activities. It will ensure that their technology is up-to-date. It makes them more competitive in the current market and can result in higher profits.
Additionally, managed IT services can help businesses overcome stress and complicated technology. They do tasks like data storage, software upgrades, network security, and system maintenance.
It can help IT professionals free up an organization’s time and resources. It allows them to focus on the more critical aspects of the business.
With managed IT, enterprises can access the most advanced and innovative solutions. It allows them to keep up with the ever-changing technology landscape.
Cutting Costs and Maximizing Efficiency
Managed IT services help businesses work as efficiently as possible. In many ways, they can lower costs.
They can hire someone else to handle IT tasks like maintenance, monitoring, and security. It can save money on hiring IT staff and buying IT hardware.
Also, since managed IT services are provided by outside technicians, a company can use the experience of a professional. They don’t need to hire more people.
They make sure there is a high level of security by keeping an eye out for suspicious activities. This is especially true when complex systems and networks are set up.
A managed IT service provider can identify problems and provide effective solutions. It will cut down on the time needed to resolve computer issues. Thus, managed IT services benefits business in both cost savings and efficiency.
Night and Day IT Support Accessibility
Managed IT services offer IT support and access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, which is important for any business. Having reliable access to qualified IT support technicians can be very helpful when IT problems pop up at all hours of the day or night.
A good solutions provider should always be able to fix problems with systems, no matter what time it is. This keeps the business side of things running smoothly and gives customers the best experience possible.
A sustained monitoring solution provides a proactive approach to managing IT risks. Businesses can sleep easier knowing they have a reliable support partner they can reach anytime, day or night. Look here for more information on managed IT services that are best suited to your needs.
Consider Hiring Managed IT Services Today
Managed IT services offer an effective and efficient way to maintain, protect and improve your IT infrastructure on a budget. With access to expert IT professionals and the latest technology, there is no limit to the possibilities that can be achieved.
Embrace these benefits and contact a managed IT service provider today to learn more.
Check out our other blog posts for more business and lifestyle tips.