As long as the equivalent resistance of the DC-DC converter circuit is adjusted so that it is always equal to the internal resistance of the photovoltaic cell, the maximum output of the Panel cell can be achieved, and the maximum power point of the photovoltaic array is achieved. LCD display: The inverter with LCD display displays the remaining backup time when the power fails and the battery charging time when the power grid is normal. It can help users plan activities effectively. Zelio, Optimus and iCruze series are all equipped with LCD displays. MPPT solar charge controller. MPPT solar charge controller is a technology dedicated to almost all photovoltaic power generation. Of course, for solar devices where the component voltage is higher than the battery voltage.
It is an electronic system that helps solar modules generate all the power they can provide. Under normal circumstances, the price difference of small amps is not amplified by big ears. The price difference between MPPT controller and PWM controller jumps after 30 amps. MPPT charge controller prices range from US$70 to US$1,000 and are very common in the market. What is the best solar charge controller. The best solar controller is the most suitable controller for your solar project, it needs the battery that suits you. And you need to know all the details of the photovoltaic system, such as input and output power, maximum battery current, nominal system voltage (12V, 24V, 36V, 48V, 60V, 100V, 150V, and even 200V). When considering which mppt controller to choose, please refer to the above mppt controller calculation guide.
Home UPS also has advanced safety features, such as automatic reset when AC power is restored, overload and short-circuit protection in battery mode, and sleep mode to extend battery life. The process of accessing Zelio WiFi on a smartphone is also very simple, not much different from setting up any other mobile apps. You can also choose to add up to 5 five people to access your Zelio WiFi data. Therefore, all family members can know the backup power supply at home at any time. There are many types of batteries on the market, such as maintenance-free lead-acid batteries, gel batteries, ternary lithium batteries, lithium iron phosphate batteries, etc. The maximum charging voltage and working voltage of various batteries are different.
So when we choose a Solar Charge Controller, we must first check the battery parameters, and provide real-time data contact through them in terms of backup, load percentage running on the inverter, battery charging percentage, input voltage, etc. At Powmr, we bring you the Zelio UPS power inverter series, which is one of the most intelligent connected inverters in the world. For example. 12V/200W solar panels. The maximum charging voltage is 18V, and the solar panel current is 12A. When we choose the size of the solar charge controller, we usually give a margin of 30% to 50%. Then the best choice we choose is the 15A controller, and the 20A controller is the best. Another point to note is that the inverter works in reverse, converting AC power to DC current during the mains power-on period, which helps to charge the battery.
Since the battery is externally connected to the inverter, a higher capacity battery, usually between 100Ah-200Ah, can be used to provide backup power for 2 hours to 5 hours. In addition, it takes approximately 10-20 milliseconds for the inverter relay to switch from the main power supply to battery power during the period when the main power supply is off. When the inverter is in standby mode, if you hear a continuous buzzing sound, it may be due to wave deterrence. In short, if you have an old inverter based on technologies such as square waves, the hum transmitted by your equipment is most likely due to the same reason.
As a solution, you can upgrade the inverter to a sine wave inverter with a higher rating to get the best backup power. Off-grid inverters are usually used in remote systems, where solar panels provide DC power to the solar Hybrid Inverter. Solar panels are used to charge the panels. Some of these inverters have simple battery chargers that can be used to charge batteries from AC power. Overcharge safety, deep discharge safety, reverse polarity protection on the module side and battery side. Reverse polarity safety, short circuit safety and overvoltage safety at the module input from the internal fuse. In addition, you need to ensure that there is no battery open circuit safety, over temperature and overload safety, and even battery overvoltage shutdown. PWM solar charge controller. What is a PWM solar charge controller and its incredible benefits?
Umar Nisar was born and raised in the busy city of Abbottabad. As a journalist, Umar Nisar has contributed to many online publications including PAK Today and the Huffing Post. In regards to academics, Umar Nisar earned a degree in business from the Abbottabad UST, Havelian. Umar Nisar follows the money and covers all aspects of emerging tech here at The Hear Up.
Great Resignation: How to beat Great Resignation with Employee Experience
The world was forever changed in late 2019 when the Coronavirus made its appearance. Countries shut down. Streets were empty. Companies held as best they could or were forced to close their doors. Many would believe that such an event would lead to employees wanting to hold on to their jobs. Typically, large numbers of resignations signify a good economy and abundant availability of jobs allowing people to follow passions instead of necessity.
Post-COVID employee experience is much different.
For two years, and some a bit more, people were forced to spend time alone, realigning the importance of human interaction, well-being, and happiness. This drive for more personal fulfilment, satisfaction, and growth stemmed The Great Resignation.
No longer were employees basing staying with jobs out of need or comfortability. Now they look for work-homelife balance, greater satisfaction and better employee experiences, or they will leave. So how do companies face this? How do they increase employee retention and improve employee engagement?
The secret is in employee experience.
Holistic Employee Experience
There are, of course, no quick fixes for the Great Resignation, small wins can motivate and drive longer-term goals for your organization. The Great Resignation—and COVID by extension—taught many employees that life meant so much more. That the daily grind working in offices with long commutes, stress, lack of rest or relaxation, and the hustle of strenuous work weeks while normal was not conducive to happiness and mental well-being.
But this shift can be used as a blueprint for better employee experience!
Companies who work on being human-centric in ideals, strategies, and decision-making can improve greatly their chances of stemming mass exodus. Post-covid employee experience is now the new golden standard, and it looks at taking a more comprehensive and holistic view of experiences.
How can you be more holistic and how does it help?
- Think beyond probationary periods – Your employees are more important than the first 30, 60, or 90 days of employment, and yet many companies stop professional development and training after these dates. Normalize career growth, evaluations, employee 360 reports, and feedback loops to keep learning and advancement in the scope of your employees. While doing this, you’re also keeping your strategies and Key Performance Indicators—KPIs—fresh as you go.
- Communication is key – Talk to your employees about what they need, want, desire, and what their ambitions may be. Learn your people like you want them to learn your company. With transparent and open communication, you are engaging with your employees and creating an environment of consistency, openness, and inclusion—aspects employees’ desire.
- Employee-centric Corporate Culture – It may seem like the best idea is to center your company culture around the company’s values, vision, and strategies, but this is only half the battle. Integrating employee experience into the fabric of company culture ensures the company is as focused on their employees’ happiness as their own. It creates a bond to grow engagement, which has an effect on employee satisfaction and experience. As these rates increase, so to can employee retention numbers and customer experiences.
- Life and work-balance Erasure – Should your employees have to ask for more work-life balance? No, they shouldn’t. When built directly into work environments or expectations, it becomes something standard instead of something to be sought after. Examples of this could be:
- Flex hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Work-from-home or hybrid offerings
- Expanded benefits to include mental health and free resources
- Altered work hour schedules
Rise of Human Experience
Human Experience is a viewpoint that blends aspects of customer experience with employee experience, important in a post-COVID world. Instead of viewing them as separate entities entirely, companies can connect metrics and measurements of both to view a more comprehensive experience. Employees are customers—or potential ones—and as such, so too can customers become employees. With this view, it refocuses employee experiences in direct answer to the needs stemming The Great Resignation.
Ways you can use CX strategies within EX:
- Employee Journey Mapping – Like in customer experience, companies can work on mapping journeys for positions within the company overall, building in professional development and growth from the outset. They can then alter these journeys through personalization when an employee fills that role.
- Monitoring metrics – connect goals, milestones, and trajectories with metric directly linked to KPIs. Think employee net promoter score (eNPS), employee experience (EX), employee satisfaction (ESAT), and employee engagement (EE), for example, as they can correlate with operational success as well as customer success with your organization.
- View of employees – view your employees with the importance you view your customers. You cannot survive without either, and just as you court customer loyalty for more profitable relationships, so to can employee relations boost revenue, growth, and expansion.
Remote and Hybrid Work
One of the lasting effects of COVID was the desire to work from home or have the flexibility to. According to Gallup, nearly half of full-time working Americans—45%—are still working remotely. White collar workers have even higher percentage, coming in at 70%. After the shutdown, many leaders were surprised to find employees still wanted to work remotely. The Pandemic exposed an internal need for conducive work environments and flexibility.
The office and all it entailed wasn’t as attractive as some leadership believed.
It was agile leadership who switched to maintaining remote or hybrid options who won out against competitors. Record job openings only further highlight how living is more important, and work can no longer be focused on only paying bills. Organizations who shift better with their employees retain talent better.
Remote work is not the only fix, but it does show how views of work’s place have vastly changed.
Act on Meaningful Feedback
Closing the loop between you and your employees is more important than ever before. Simply hearing them is not enough. Active, empathetic listening pair with actions on a consistent basis is the wining combination. Employees not only want to know they are heard but that their input is valued.
Regularly checking in with your employees, and not only attaching it to their performance, creates a culture of partnership.
Ways to gain meaningful feedback to inspire data-driven action:
- Employee 360 Review [LN1] [SP2] – not to be confused with an employee evaluation, the 360-degree review is a way for all employees to gain feedback from peers, subordinates, and managers to assist employee self-evaluation.
- Pulse checks – a powerful anonymous survey tool. Pulse checks are in between annual reviews and keep the feedback coming for HR initiatives, but it can also inform business strategies that are employee-focused as well.
- Surveys – From satisfaction to engagement, the best thing you can do is ask your employees. Working from assumptions can lead you down costly mistakes. By asking directly you can get their true opinions—think of using anonymity to influence candid responses.
The biggest takeaway from this is: employee experiences is an important part of operational success. The evolution of its importance and what it means cannot be discounted. Doing so can led to higher employee turnover rates and you won’t retain your best talent. As employee experience continues to change, the forward-thinking companies with innovative leadership will make it to the top.
[LN1]Would it be okay to tag our template here?
Yes, we can [SP2]
Khalil ur Rehman is a proud born and raised in Abbottabad. Khalil has worked as a journalist for nearly a decade having contributed to several large publications including the Yahoo News and The Verge. As a journalist for The Hear Up, Khalil covers climate and science news. [email protected]